- 2016 forthcoming "Cesária Évora: Sounding Out of Bounds." Out of Bounds. Harvard University Press: Cambridge, MA.
- 2016 forthcoming "Nos lingua, nos kultura, nos identidadi [Our language, our culture, our identity]: Postcolonial Language and Cultural Planning in Cape Verde and the Cape Verdean Diaspora." African Islands: Spaces of Transition on a Global Stage. Toyin Falola, ed.
- 2016 forthcoming "Music: An Exception to Creole Exceptionalism? Cape Verdean National Identity and Creativity Post-Independence." Social Dynamics: A Journal of African Studies.
- 2015 (with Kathryn Sampeck, Illinois State University) "The Bitter and Sweet of Chocolate in Europe." [pdf] Socio.hu: The Social Meaning of Food: Special Issue in English No. 3, Institute for Sociology, Centre for Social Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 37-60.
- 2012 "Sounding Creole: The Politics of Cape Verdean Language, Music, and Diaspora." Unpublished dissertation. Harvard University.
- 2010 "Cesária Évora: 'The Barefoot Diva' and Other Stories." [pdf] Transition 103: Cabo Verde, Indiana University Press, 82-97.
- 2010 "Introduction to Cape Verdean Selections." [pdf] Transition 103: Cabo Verde, Indiana University Press, 4-6.
- 2010 (Guest Editor) Cabo Verde cluster. Transition 103: Cabo Verde, Indiana University Press, 2-109.
- forthcoming (with Inês Brito, trans.) "Caliban: The Archetype of Servitude," by Luís Kandjimbo. Translation from Portuguese to English. The Savannah Review.
- 2010 (with Inês Brito, trans.) "Dilinha," by Danny Spínola. Translated from Cape Verdean Creole to English. Transition 103: Cabo Verde, Indiana University Press, 18-25.